"The concept of a girlfriend or a relationship rather is based on some would say a step taken after one gets to know the other party and both parties are agreeable to engage in an exclusive partnership. I frankly till now do not understand this concept of a girlfriend.
Most often than not, I find myself saying things I do not actually mean in order to make the girl feel special or just to make her stay. Sayings like ‘I love you’ or ‘You mean the world to me and I’m the luckiest guy in the world to have you’. When I am engaged in a relationship, I’ve realised the initial euphoria as the fact sinks in that I now have a girlfriend is pretty much awesome. I seem to be on cloud nine or so I make myself belief. Everything would seem perfect. She will seem like the one for me and everything she does would look as if it were meant for me. Everything you did would be right and she’d agree to most of the things you suggested. The thing that we all forget is that everyone tries to put their best front in order to be liked. As soon as the novelty wears off, everything changes.
But right now you’re clinging on to the past hoping that girl you first met is somewhere inside her. You want to keep feeling that euphoria. It is a drug that you’re addicted to. For some, the fact that their girlfriends are going out with other guys scares them. Insecurities. This would work both ways as my research has shown. Nothing scares a couple more than the fact that one day that person they fell in love with will cheat on them or fall out of love with them because of boredom. Most of the time, couples tend to hide this feeling that they are bored of each other and they need to go out with other people, sometimes on dates. It is this exact mistake that will lead to misunderstandings and further grave arguments. Insecurities as I have mentioned does not only exist with ladies, it also exist with guys. Assuring one another and updating each other is key.
But then again shit happens. Not many people can have telepathy skills and be able to know exactly what the other needs. Ladies expect this from men. They expect men to listen and make the correct deduction all the time. But they do not expect the same of themselves. It is an unfair system. A system created by both parties but ruled by one (ladies). They seem to have guys wrapped around their fingers. I detest this power shift. Being in a relationship would mean to be equals and having an equal say in whatever that goes on. Being able to accommodate each other and enjoy being with each other. Not fear of losing each other all the time. Being under scrutiny."